Saturday 20 December 2014

Who says Oil is just for Dry Skin?

I thought I had my skin-care routine down, then I discovered Clarin's Lotus Face Treatment Oil. I feel like not enough people know the benefits of using oils on the skin. I always thought that because I had oily skin putting more oil on my face wasn't going to benefit me in any way. Was I wrong!

A lot of people think that if you have oily skin you have to stay away from using oil on your skin, this is just not the case. Oils are good for all skin types and sometimes they can be that sos product when your skin needs some tlc. I've always had oily skin but it can change depending on the time of year and the climate. As soon as the weather changed this winter and the cold weather hit us, my skin started to suffer. It was still oily but it was very dehydrated. This was probably caused by a combination of the weather, not drinking enough water, and sitting next to the electric heater at work (not recommended). 

This time of year does often cause dryness for a lot of skin types. The change in temperature coming from outside to inside where the heating is most probably cranked up to the highest temperature can affect your skin. 

Clarins do the three rebalancing facial oils-

- Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil - For dehydrated skin
- Santal Face Treatment Oil - For dry skin
- Lotus Face Treatment Oil - For oily/combination skin

All three of the oils are made of 100% plant extracts - my skin is definitely a fan of natural ingredients.

The lotus oil contains rosemary, geranium and lotus extracts as well as hazelnut oil. 

Benefits

Rosemary is a natural antiseptic, it has bacteria killing properties so can be good for acne, dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis.

Geranium helps to regulate sebum production. This is good for oily clogged skin that is blemish prone. It also has antibacterial qualities, and is often found in anti-ageing products. 

Lotus is calming and soothing to the skin, a natural anti-inflammatory, which is good for redness and acne sufferers. Lotus has natural AHA qualities which helps exfoliate the outer layer of the skin, helping to restore a healthy youthful look. This can be good for problematic skin, a gentler way of exfoliating.

Hazelnut Oil has many benefits, especially for oily skin. It contains essential fatty acids, including linoleic acid which helps maintain the quality of the outer layer of skin. Like all the other extracts above it helps with acne and inflammation. It tackles excess oil secretion, and is very lightweight, not too heavy or greasy. Great for sensitive skin.


How I use it

I've continued with my normal skin routine but at night time instead of putting on moisturiser after my serum I just put the oil on. It has a nice natural smell, very spa like.

Placing a 1-2 drops in the palm of my hand, sometimes I like to rub the oil into my palms which warms it up before putting it on my skin. 

If i'm feeling particularly dehydrated I let the oil sink in for a few hours and before I go to bed I put on another layer for some extra hydration during the night. 

This oil is now one of my favourite beauty products, I don't know how my skin ever survived without it. I would definitely recommend this product, go for the oil which best matches your skin type, i'm sure you will see a difference. 

£32.00 for 30ml which isn't too pricey considering you aren't going to be using it all the time. 
***I got mine online from Escentual on offer for £28.15***

No comments:

Post a Comment