Tuesday 26 May 2015

SUNDAY RILEY GOOD GENES



I was reluctant to spend £85 on what is basically serum/treatment for obvious reasons, but after trying out a sample I decided to go for it.

I bought Good Genes at the beginning of April so I've been using it for about a month and a half now and I am definitely seeing a difference in my skin.



I've been meaning to write this post for so long, especially since I haven't done a post in a few months but I wanted to try out the product for at least a month to see how much difference it made. Hopefully i'll keep on top of things and start to post more often! 


What it's supposed to do

' A brightening, multitasking, radiance treatment and mask' 

Quoted from the Sunday Riley website -

'Everyone wants the unmistakable look of having “good genes”. This amazing treatment is formulated with key ingredients which will plump fine lines, reveal brighter, newer skin, and improve circulation for a smooth, vibrant complexion. Long term use will help restore damaged skin, reduce hyperpigmentation and scars, reduce the depth and number of line and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and increase epidermal thickness and firmness.'


What's in it/Benefits

Lactic Acid
- Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)
- AHA's exfoliate the skin helping to remove dead skin cells, revealing healthy skin cells
- Help to reduce the appearance of acne scarring and hyperpigmentation
- Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production in your skin
- Good Genes is 40% Lactic Acid, so it contains quite a high percentage of the acid - which may be too much for some skin.

Lemongrass
- Lemongrass has anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins - it contains vitamin A which is helpful against acne

Liquorice
- Aids in the fading of hyperpigmentation and scarring
- Natural skin brightener
- Anti-inflammatory
- Helpful in treating eczema, psoriasis, itchy and dry skin

Arnica
- Natural pain reliever
- Reduces inflammation
- Commonly used to help reduce bruising and muscle aches

Yeast
- Skin conditioning and moisturising properties
- Healing properties 
- Yeast proteins are believed to boost the production of collagen 



How I Use It

I use it in the evening. I think its a bit strong to be applying it morning and night although it does say on the bottle to do so.

I apply it after I have toned in the evening and before my moisturiser. My skin tingles slightly when I apply it because of the Lactic Acid percentage but nothing that is painful or uncomfortable. 


Overview

I have definitely noticed a difference with the overall complexion of my skin. I had quite a lot of redness and some scarring and I do think that this has slightly faded and isn't as prominent since i've started using this product. Hopefully continuous use of this product will help to improve my skin even more.

*It's definitely not for the super sensitive*, my sister has very sensitive skin and she tried a sample and it irritated the skin just after one use, so if you do have sensitive skin maybe do a patch test on a small area of the skin to make sure it isn't to aggressive for your skin.

It's the most expensive skin product i've ever bought but i'm not regretting it. I got a sample from Cult Beauty and tried it before just buying it. I don't think this is a product that everyone will benefit from, if you have good skin I wouldn't waste your money but if you suffer from dull skin or have any scarring/pigmentation/discolouration in patches I would recommend this. 

I bought Good Genes from Cult Beauty for £85.00 which came with a an extra 10ml Good Genes sample bottle and a sample of the Artemis Oil (an offer that is still available for a limited time) and I got to pick two more samples.

Available for £85 for 30ml from various sites including Cult Beauty & Space NK








No comments:

Post a Comment