Wednesday 28 May 2014

YSL BabyDoll Kiss & Blush

'Kiss your cheeks, Blush your Lips'








YSL have recently launched their new Kiss and Blush duos, a lipstick and blusher in one.






They have a range of 12 colours, I bought the No.12 Moca Garcome and No.5 Rouge Effrontee.

I do love this product as a lipstick but I wasn't so keen on using it as a blusher. Its a matte finish which is great on the lips. It has a lovely creamy texture, and is easily build-able. Its also not too drying on the lips, I love a good matte lip but I do find a lot of lipsticks dry your lips out and you end up with more of a cracked look.

You can pop it on with the brush or use your fingers, layering it up for a more intense look. The good thing about this product is you can add a subtle hint of colour with just one layer, so its great for a day time look.






The Brushes are a good shape for applying to the lips. When using this as a blusher I did find it didn't blend so well and it can look quite blotchy. I'm also not that keen on using the exact same colour on my lips as on my cheeks, but thats a personal preference.





Here you can see the lip colours and then blended next to it as a blush.

I went for the nude which looks great on, it looks good against my skin tone.  Finding a good nude for Medium to Dark skin can be quite difficult, sometimes I find the colour looks okay and warm enough for my skin but looks completely different once I've applied it and can often be too light.

The other colour I chose was a crimson red which had strong pink undertones. Its a great colour for summer and can be applied on top of another lipstick. It would work over a red if you wanted to change it up and create a more crimson look.

These are available for £27.00 which isn't too bad if you are going to use them as both a lipstick and a blusher. There is a great colour selection, all of the colours would compliment any summer look. There are some pinks with blueish undertones, some lovely coral colours and a good strong red. 

They are also very portable, you can just pop one into your handbag on a night out or during the day and top up your blusher and lipstick with one product.

I would recommend this product just for the lovely creamy matte lipstick.




No comments:

Post a Comment